ATS Heritage is looking for a Technician to join the team to deliver multimedia projects. You will be joining the UK’s leading provider of multimedia guides, audio guides and mobile apps for Museums, Galleries and Heritage sites and supporting some very high stature clients.
ATS like to employ people with strong personal qualities, in this role we are particularly looking for someone with initiative, who is methodical in their approach and has the ability to communicate well at all levels.
The candidate should be a self-starter who is able to work alone. Tidy and well organised, they should be able to visit a client site, complete work/repairs and leave with the minimum of fuss.
They may also be expected to work on some client sites 1 to 2 days per week.
- Practical experience with mechanical and electrical installations but does not have to be Part D qualified.
- They should be able to diagnose faults in simple systems either using software or simple fault-finding techniques.
- Able to run a small workshop and conduct repairs by replacing parts, and soldering/de-soldering and component replacement.
- Ability to run small order assembly work in house.
- Order spares as required to meet agreed stock levels
- Understand mobile devices with Android and IOS operating systems and be able to load Apps, or upgrade software.
- Good IT skills are needed and must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Able to run simple client training on-site.
- Clean driving licence
Responsibilities and duties
The candidate will report to the Client Manager and to the Managing Director for new products.
They will liaise with the internal support coordinator.
Qualifications and skills
- ONC, HNC or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience relevant technical work
Please send a covering letter along with an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.